Tasty Grilled Strawberries
I just found the best strawberry recipe….
What you need:
- 24 strawberries
- 2tblsp maple syrup
- 2tblsp Pimms or grape juice
- 2tblsp sugar
- 8 choc chip shortbread biscuits
- Ice cream to serve
How to make it:
– Cut the tops off the strawberries. Put them cut side down in an oven proof dish. In a bowl mix maple syrup and Pimms (or grape juice for the kids or if you prefer) Pour this over the strawberries, sprinkle lightly with sugar and place under the grill for about 4 minutes until the strawberries are soft and warm.
– While the strawberries are cooking, smash the biscuits into a crumbly mess.
– Put the strawberries in bowls, sprinkle half the biscuits on top, add a good scoop of ice cream and top with the last of the biscuits.
Its delicious, I promise! It’s also very easy to adapt to suit bigger or smaller appetites and works equally well with added banana or blueberries. You could also serve with creme fraiche, yoghurt, crumbled chocolate etc The variations are really endless.
You can find more of my recipes here
Get yourself over to the Silver Cross Days Out website. Its full of reviews from parents about great days out with kids. Genuine honest reviews of places you can actually take the kids that are suitable for them! It includes information about price, locations, opening hours, you can search by location or types of attraction. Its very simple to use, if your favourite place hasn’t been reviewed yet then why not leave some info for other mums and dads
Easy Apple Cake Recipe
I came up with the nicest Apple Cake recipe last night (adapated from around 3 other recipes mashed together) and best of all its very easy to make!
What you need for my Easy Apple Cake Recipe:
200g caster Sugar
- 110g butter
- 275g apple sauce
- 250g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp mixed all spice or cinnamon
- 130g raisins
How to make Easy Apple Cake:
– Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4 , grease and flour a baking tin (approx 10cm square tin).
– Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl, add the apple sauce and stir well. Stir in the flour, bicarb, spices and raisins.
– Put the in oven for 30-40 minutes. Its done when you put a skewer into the centre and it comes out clean and the cake is golden brown.
-Allow to cool
-Its delicious with a nice cup of tea or warmed and served with either custard or ice cream.
Check out my other recipes here