Ooooh its all go here today, in negotiations with a number of companies to review some exciting products over the coming weeks. WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!!!!!!!
I always knew that C would tell me when it was time to start potty training. Believe me, I thought it was months away yet!
Well he didn’t so much tell me as scream loudly in my ear “MUMMY, I NEED A WEE-WEE……….NOW” So picture me jumping off the couch at lightning speed, grabbing the potty and ripping his nappy off as fast as humanly possible, all the while sure that this was yet another false start. Nope two seconds later he stands up with the proudest smile ever and proclaims “I DID IT!” Sure enough, there in the potty is a wee, I have never been so happy to see wee in my whole life.
For those of you with children you will understand the enormity of this, those without, one day maybe you will understand 🙂
To be honest, this is rather poor timing! I wanted to wait until after our holiday, and definitely didn’t think we would be actively potty training without a washing machine. Think I might have to do a lot of washing in the kitchen sink this week………
Tasty Grilled Strawberries
I just found the best strawberry recipe….
What you need:
- 24 strawberries
- 2tblsp maple syrup
- 2tblsp Pimms or grape juice
- 2tblsp sugar
- 8 choc chip shortbread biscuits
- Ice cream to serve
– Cut the tops off the strawberries. Put them cut side down in an oven proof dish. In a bowl mix maple syrup and Pimms (or grape juice for the kids or if you prefer) Pour this over the strawberries, sprinkle lightly with sugar and place under the grill for about 4 minutes until the strawberries are soft and warm.
– While the strawberries are cooking, smash the biscuits into a crumbly mess.
– Put the strawberries in bowls, sprinkle half the biscuits on top, add a good scoop of ice cream and top with the last of the biscuits.
Its delicious, I promise! It’s also very easy to adapt to suit bigger or smaller appetites and works equally well with added banana or blueberries. You could also serve with creme fraiche, yoghurt, crumbled chocolate etc The variations are really endless.
You can find more of my recipes here