Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator
When the email came through for the latest Morphy Richards Innovator review I was pleased and disappointed in equal measure. Pleased because my iron was on it’s last legs and disappointed because I hate ironing. This isn’t one of those reviews that says this product has changed my life, it’s made me love ironing, I can see clearly now the rain has gone etc etc but I can tell you about why the Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator (Model Number: 42221) has made me hate ironing a little bit less.
I think the easiest way to tell you about the Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator is to tell you the best and worst things about it;
– The steam that the Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator generates is great, it blows my old iron out of the water in terms of power and effectiveness. There are three levels of steam to choose from and as you press the steam button you hear this satisfying whoosh of steam and it’s very powerful.
– It saves me approx 90 seconds per men’s shirt in ironing time. This adds up and over the course of the year would save me approx 6 hours on just the hubby’s work shirts.
– It’s easier to actually do the ironing, I don’t feel like I physically put as much effort in as I did with my old iron and even with the cons below I find it easier than my previous iron.
– It has made me hate ironing a little bit less because it is easier to use than my old one and is faster.
– You can fill up the water reservoir while the iron is on therefore saving time and effort
– The water reservoir is huge so you can fill up with water less often and you are less likely to run out of water mid way through items which always drives me mad!
– It takes up quite a large amount of work surface/cupboard space
– It’s heavy to move
– It has to be descaled which is fiddly, involves holding the heavy unit upside down over the sink and is awkward. This has to be done more often than I expected it would or hoped it would
– The cord that transports the steam from the base unit to the iron gets hot, I have caught myself on it a couple of times and as a result am even more careful around using it because I have to make sure that there is no chance of the children touching the cable even when the iron is not in use in case it’s still hot.
– The steam cord also makes it difficult to manuvere the iron in the way I am used to but I have got used to this the more I use the iron.
– It costs £169.99 which seems a lot of money when a standard iron is around £45, however the performance and overall use of the iron means that you do get a lot more for the extra money.
Overall I think the Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator is a good iron, it does have it’s downsides but I don’t know how these compare to other irons of this type because I have always used a standard steam iron before. I doubt I would find much different on any similar Steam Generator.
If you are in the market for a steam generator but have been put off by the price then you will be glad to know that Morphy Richards have offered a generous discount of £75 off the cost of the Morphy Richards Power Steam Elite 2400w Pressurised Steam Generator (Model Number: 42221)just enter the code, BLOG2175 at the checkout to activate your discount, it expires on 31st October 2012.