Cobb Salad – My Way!
I love Cobb Salad, it's simple but seriously tasty. Cobb Salad has been around since the 1930's in L.A. when it was invented by Robert Cobb of the famous Brown Derby. Traditionally it includes lettuce, cheese, bacon, chicken, egg, avocado and tomato and I think that's why I like it so much, a great combination of textures and flavours that is quick and easy to prepare!
I fancied a change and came up with a new recipe for Cobb Salad, my way! If you fancy a try it is a bit of a twist on the traditional cobb salad recipe but it's really yum and features delicious Apetina cheese!
What you need for Cobb Salad, my way:
- 1/2 – 1 tub of Apetina Cheese, with olives and garlic
- 1/2 bag of mixed gem salad
- 8 slices of parma ham
- 1 ripe avocados
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, skinless
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 1/4 large cucumber
For the dressing
- 2 tbls balsamic vinegar
- The oil from the Apetina cheese with garlic and olives
- salt and freshly ground pepper
The best thing about this salad is how easy it is to make. I chose to move away from the typical stripes of a cobb salad to make it look more special and the end result is really quite beautiful.
- Spread the gem salad across the base of your plate/bowl/platter
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters and spread across the salad base
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthwise into strips and lay on the salad like spokes on a wheel
- Slice the avocado and place around the salad
- Lay the parma ham around the salad alongside the chicken
- Cut the beetroot (you might want to wear gloves to avoid getting the beetroot on your fingers!) into small pieces and scatter across the salad
- Cut the cucumber into quarters and slice, again scatter across the salad
- Finally scatter between half a tub and one tub of Apetina cheese with garlic and olives (I recommend not using the garlic as it will over power the other flavours)
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a bottle and present to the table to let people use to taste.
Serve the dish to the table as it is, alongside a selection of breads and allow everyone to help themselves. It makes the perfect summer salad with a good glass of wine!
Cobb Salad – my way will be in a competition on the Apetina Facebook Page against three other great salads. If you pop over and vote you could be in with a chance of winning a great picnic hamper (basket, with salad bowl and servers, plus dressing bottle). Perfect for all those summer BBQ's.
Viral video by ebuzzing