A major favourite for my husband because it’s tasty, quick and easy.
Ingredients for chicken enchiladas:
500g chicken breast
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
Large handful of cherry tomatoes
1/2 packet of fajita seasoning (or chilli flakes, garlic powder, onion salt and mixed herbs)
8 flour/wheat tortillas
200g grated cheese
How to make chicken enchiladas:
– Pre heat the oven to 200°C
– Chop the onion and pepper into bitesize pieces and fry in a little vegetable oil until softened. Then remove the veggies from the pan and gently fry the chicken until browned.
– Whilst the chicken is browning, chop the cherry tomatoes.
– Add the veggies and cherry tomatoes to the chicken and then add the tinned tomatoes and spices. Then add around half a tin of tap water to help create more sauce and the tomato puree to thicken the sauce. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
– Get a large oven dish or baking tin, lay one tortilla in the tin and spoon on around some of the chicken and veg mix taking care to ration the mix for all 8 tortillas and keep back some of the sauce to spread on top at the end! Then add some grated cheese and fold the tortilla around the mix. Quickly flip the tortilla over so that the seam is underneath. Repeat for all 8 tortillas
– Spoon the leftover sauce across the tortillas and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
– Bake for 15 minutes and serve with mexican rice and salad