What My Kitchen Needs
This weekend I was cooking up a storm and thinking about what my kitchen needs. The list is long and it’s expensive and may not actually be things I need. The thought of all these shiny appliances and tools makes me want to cook more than ever, it makes me want to invent new recipes and cook from dawn to dusk. Anyway, enough daydreaming, here is the list:
1. A cake mixer – no more aching arms for me as the cake mixer does all the hard work whilst I sit back with a cup of tea! Oh and if you could make it bake the cake too that would be amazing.
2. A dishwasher – I need a dishwasher, I really need a dishwasher. Not only do I hate doing the washing up but if I had a dishwasher I would have even more time for cooking, oh and eating, let’s not forget the eating.
3. A new toaster – my toaster has two levels of toasting; warm bread and burnt to a crisp. I need a toaster that does what it’s supposed to do, I dream of beautifully toasted currant teacakes dripping with butter and my toaster always brings me back to earth with a bump when they are burnt and horrid.
4. A coffee bean grinder – I’d love a coffee bean grinder so that I can have proper freshly ground coffee whenever I want. I’d save a fortune on not having to go out for coffees just to get a good mug of java!
5. A great espresso machine – To make the most of that freshly ground coffee, I’ve got one but it’s not very good and I would love to upgrade it. There is something about great coffee that just makes me happy. My weekends often revolve around where we can get a good coffee. I’ve been known to engineer our plans to allow my coffee fix, I’m not ashamed, my name is Annwen and I’m a coffee-a-holic!
6. A new hob and oven – Sarkly, fancy, preferably a high level oven, one that little hands can’t reach, that I can see into without practically sitting on the floor, oh yes and that cleans itself, yes you heard me, cleans itself. This leads me nicely on to item 7….
7. A cleaner, one that magically comes in overnight and makes things spotless, removing all traces of grubby handprints, and crumbs, and sticky stains of indeterminable origin. Who cleans up after my cooking masterpieces and leaves me in peace to enjoy the fruits of my labour. Oh and one who doesn’t require payment, just doing it for the love of the job – someone like this exists right? No? Don’t burst my bubble, a girl has to have a dream doesn’t she?
Do you have a list of kitchen needs? Have I missed something glaringly obvious out of my list?
This post is part of the Morphy Richards Innovators Search through the Foodies100.