Tasty Grilled Strawberries
I just found the best strawberry recipe….
What you need:
- 24 strawberries
- 2tblsp maple syrup
- 2tblsp Pimms or grape juice
- 2tblsp sugar
- 8 choc chip shortbread biscuits
- Ice cream to serve
– Cut the tops off the strawberries. Put them cut side down in an oven proof dish. In a bowl mix maple syrup and Pimms (or grape juice for the kids or if you prefer) Pour this over the strawberries, sprinkle lightly with sugar and place under the grill for about 4 minutes until the strawberries are soft and warm.
– While the strawberries are cooking, smash the biscuits into a crumbly mess.
– Put the strawberries in bowls, sprinkle half the biscuits on top, add a good scoop of ice cream and top with the last of the biscuits.
Its delicious, I promise! It’s also very easy to adapt to suit bigger or smaller appetites and works equally well with added banana or blueberries. You could also serve with creme fraiche, yoghurt, crumbled chocolate etc The variations are really endless.
You can find more of my recipes here