Why I Loved Friends
Friends. Best TV show ever? Got to be in my top 10 I reckon. I loved Friends, it was one of those shows that always made me feel better, made me laugh, cry and sometimes dispair but always always made me want more.
I’ve probably seen every episode at least 5 times but they never get old. I still end up laughing and smiling and love every minute.
If I had to pin down a few of my all time favourite moments then the following would be in my top 5.
Top 5 Friends Moments
1. The One With The Football (1996!) – they head out to play American Football in the park and a fun game turns into a crazily competitive match and is honestly hilarious as they fight it out!
2. The One with the Cat (1997) – Joey gets locked inside the TV cabinet and robbed, you can totally see it coming but it makes me cry with laughter every singled time.
3. The One with Ross’s Thing (1997) – Phoebe ends up dating two guys at the same time, Vince the beefy fireman, and Jason the sensitive kindergarten teacher. She likes them both for their obvious attributes. My favourite part is when they find out she has been dating both of them but what really upsets Vince is that she had a candlelit picnic in the park – he is very unimpressed that she would risk an open flame in a wooded area – brilliant!
4. The One with Monica’s Boots (2001) – Monica buys some beautiful, expensive boots but they are agony to wear. Chandler wanted her to return them but she couldn’t because they were too beautiful. Just brilliant when Chandler has to carry her home because the boots hurt her so much but she gets him to stop in front of the shoe shop so she can look at more boots that will be just as painful!
5. The One with Phoebe’s Wedding – A giant blizzard threatens their big day but they get married anyway and I just love the romance and love in that episode.
Central Perk and coffee are one of the threads that ties episodes of Friends together, I always wished I could find a coffee shop as cool and friendly as Central Perk (perhaps minus Gunther) but I’m stuck with regular coffee shops or even a coffee at home. You all know that coffee is a major love in my life, I remember seeing those huge mugs in Central Perk and thinking how cool they all looked with them. Imagine my joy when CafePod decided to celebrate Friends 20th Anniversary by releasing special Friends themed packs! Love seeing the Friends logo every time I make a cuppa, all I’m missing is the gang to share one with! You can win a trip to New York with the special packs of CafePod or one of 20 Friends Box Sets – a potentially amazing bonus with your coffee – result!
Do you have a favourite Friends moment? I’d love to be reminded of some other great Friends memories!
I was gifted some CafePod pods to celebrate the Friends 20th Anniversary